Monday, December 20, 2010

More Antique Portraits




I've been scouring antique stores here in NYC for old albums like the ones I used for thesis. I've been able to find a few here and there at various stores and I've been excited to start making new portraits. While I worked on new ones I took out some of the old photos and painted over them trying to make new images. Letting some thing show through and scratching back into the paint and just seeing what sort of effects could be made. Here are some of the results from me playing around.

I'll post some others like the ones I made for thesis when they're done.
For now, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Keyla Valerio said...

i really really dig that first one :p might have to steal it from you

Sarah Alfarhan said...

These look really great Scott!

Kenneth Sterling said...

I'll fight Keyla for the first one. Cage match even.